- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 250ml Verjuice
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1x classic pancake recipe
- Seedless grapes
1. Prepare your pancakes following any classic recipe, creating thin crepes.
2. Then pour the caster sugar into a frying pan over a low to medium heat. Allow the sugar to melt without stirring and continue to cook until it becomes a caramel. This will take around 10 minutes.
3. Take the pan off the heat and stir in Verjuice gently being careful as the hot caramel can spit. Add the orange zest, lemon juice, and Grand Marnier then return the pan to a low heat and stir.
4. Add the butter and bring to the boil slowly, simmering gently until nicely thickened and reduced slightly. Finally, combine a handful of sliced grapes to the sauce until they have softened slightly. Fold the pancakes onto a warm plate and serve immediately.