Crab Linguini with Verjuice
1/2 a fresh crab or tub of white crab meat (I get mine from the fish section at Waitrose)
10 sweet cherry tomatoes
1 large shallot
1 mild green chilli
1 clove of garlic
a handful of fresh basil
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1/4 (approx. 100ml) bottle of English Verjuice www.verjuice.com
salt & pepper to taste
200g of linguini or spaghetti
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to boil, add salt to taste and add the linquine or spaghetti. Follow the cooking time on the packet as this varies depending on whether the pasta is fresh or dried.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil on a low heat and add the finely chopped shallot, garlic and a third of the fresh chilli - if you like it hot, add more. When the shallot is soft, remove from the heat.
3. When the pasta is cooked through, drain and add to the shallot, chilli and garlic mixture. Add the fresh crab meat, tomatoes (cut in half), basil and Verjuice Return to a low heat to gently cook through and to soften the tomatoes slightly. Add seasoning to taste .
4. Separate into two bowls and add chopped basil and a drizzle of Olive Oil.
5. Compliment the dish with a glass of chilled Pinot Grigio.